Recently with a loud thunder and many sad faces our “old church” building was torn down.
No doubt many Standard Bearer readers attended the lecture or church service in the South Holland Protestant Reformed Church. The “old church” was built in 1928, remodeled in 1933, and hit by fire in 1970.
Even though the “old church” was not used for some time, many could not help but fell sad when it was no longer there.
Editor’s note: The building is gone, but many a memory lives on! Our thanks to brother Gilbert F. VanBaren for this “news feature.”