SEARCH THE ARCHIVE

? SEARCH TIPS
Exact phrase, enclose in quotes:
“keyword phrase here”
Multiple words, separate with commas:
keyword, keyword

Pictured here is the First Protestant Reformed Church of Holland, Michigan, of which the Reverend George Lanting is pastor. The church, constructed in the summer and fall of 1964, is located at 290 East 18th Street, three blocks west of U.S. 31 on 16th Street, and two blocks south on Hazel Avenue. The auditorium has a seating capacity of 150; the annex (foreground) contains the entrance hall, three classrooms, and the furnace room. 

The congregation was organized with 9 families in 1929, and today it has 16 families, comprising 83 souls, Besides the usual church societies, the congregation has a church extension committee which is dedicated to the distribution of Protestant Reformed literature in the area. Holland also has a School Society which is active in the operation of a school bus, used to transport several of their children to the Hope Protestant Reformed Christian School of Grand Rapids. 

The members of Holland’s congregation are grateful to our covenant God for providing these wonderful facilities. A hearty invitation is extended to worship the Lord with them when you are vacationing or visiting in the Holland area. 

—J.M.F.